Part I (Short Term Programme)
I. To organize lectures in universities and educational institutions under the banner of “NAM Lecture Series” on the themes in consultation with experts and the members of the Governing Body.
II. To hold National Symposia on:
- Revitalizing NAM
- Restructuring the UN Security Council
- Regional Cooperation and Economic Prosperity
- Women and Development
- Right to Development – Agenda before NAM
- Child Labors – A Scourge for Humanity.
III. To organize Books and Photographs Exhibitions at various Universities on:
- Human Rights-Evolution and Education
IV. To organize International Conferences on:
- Human Rights Challenges in 21st Century
- Dynamics of Terrorism and the issue of survival of Humanity
- NAM in the New Millennium – Priorities and Challenges
- Nuclear Nonproliferation – Changing Perspectives
V. To organize Asian Regional Conference on “Social Justice for Minorities”: Representatives of institute participated in economic and social council and other conferences/meetings of united nations.
VI. Research Projects: It is proposed to work on the following research projects during the year 1998.
- Extension of the Ban on Nuclear and other Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Fundamentalism and International Relations
- Social Development – Special Need of the Indian Sub-Continent
- Rights of Minorities in India
- Terrorism and Rights to Life
- Process of Development – Need for Innovative Planning
Note: The Institute will undertake new research projects on the recommendations of its Research Committee with cooperation of leading universities and national and international NGOs. Co-sponsorship with institutions in these areas in welcome.
VII. Forthcoming Publication: The international Institute for Non-Aligned Studies proposes to bring out the following publications:
- South Asia Peace Process (February 2006)
- Non-Aligned Movement – A Look Ahead (March 2006)